Policy for All Care Site Locations
Regardless of care site location, all visitors must adhere to the following:
- Exhibit no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Minimum Age: 12 years old; minors must be accompanied by an adult (for pediatrics that adult must be a parent or caregiver) at all times
- Virtual visits are available for adult and adolescent patients at the patient's request.
- For end-of-life patients, two visitors are permitted at the bedside at the same time without time restriction.
Visitation Hours: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Daily
- Patients may have two visitors at a time (ages 12+) during visitation hours. Minors must be accompanied by an adult (for pediatrics that adult must be a parent or caregiver) at all times.
- Exceptions can be made for end-of-life situations* and visits from the clergy.
- Pediatric patients may have two parents/guardians or substitute caregivers at bedside 24/7.
- When a patient is being discharged from the hospital outside of visiting hours, their designated driver/support person is allowed hospital access to pick them up to receive discharge instructions and medication training.
- Overnight Visitation: Allowed for all patients in a private room; one person for adult patients and two parents/guardians for minors (team members may use discretion if an additional care provider is necessary for the visit)
Emergency Room (ER)
- Patients may have two unique visitors per ER visit, in addition to a Designated Support Person (DSP), if applicable.
- For pediatric patients, only two parents/guardians or substitute caregivers may visit.
Outpatient and Ambulatory Sites
Two accompanying companions (age 16+).
Behavioral Health Inpatient
Visiting hours are 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. daily. One person per patient.
Labor and Delivery Visitation
- Two visitors and one professional doula are allowed 24/7 during the labor and delivery experience (cannot switch individuals)
Postpartum and High Risk Perinatal (HRP) Visitation
- One companion continues to be allowed 24/7
- Postpartum units will be open to two additional visitors from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Antenatal Testing Center (ATC) Visitation
- One companion (age 16+) is allowed in the exam area with the patient