Virtual Breastfeeding Support Group
Meets every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.
Breastfeeding is one of the most important decisions you will make for yourself and your baby. The International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLCs) at Inova Loudoun Hospital are here to help you succeed and make breastfeeding a satisfying experience.
Breastfeeding Your Newborn
Recognized for Our Lactation Care and Expertise
We are proud to have once again earned the IBCLC Care Award from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
This means we employ only International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) and have a dedicated lactation support program available 5-7 days a week. We also have demonstrated that we provide training for our nursing, medical and other staff that care for breastfeeding families, and have implemented special projects that promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
Inova Loudoun Hospital’s IBCLCs are here to support your decision to breastfeed with counseling, education, support and supplies. Board-certified lactation consultants provide the following services:
- Basic position and latch of the infant
- Information about practices that promote successful breastfeeding
- Preventing and managing common concerns such as poor latch, inadequate milk transfer or supply, nipple or breast pain and calming a fussy baby
- Milk expression and storage for mother who must be separated from their babies
- Strategies for breastfeeding after returning to work
- Breastfeeding in challenging situations, such as breastfeeding twins or triplets, premature or sick infants, or infants in special medical situations
All outpatient services are available by appointment.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Services
- InovaWell Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
- Prenatal consults with a breastfeeding medicine specialist for mothers with medical problems that could cause breastfeeding difficulty