Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Inova Loudoun Hospital. We hope you will take time to learn more about our program, and the requirements of our volunteers. Information about our department, opportunities, and our application process is described below. Our goal is to assist you in finding a volunteer placement that you will enjoy at Inova Loudoun Hospital. We look forward to meeting you!
About Our Volunteers
Inova Loudoun hospital volunteers are adults and teenagers from the Northern Virginia and Loudoun County area. Each year our volunteers give thousands of hours of their time to our hospital, team members, patients and visitors. Volunteer Opportunities are available for those 16 years of age and older. Our volunteers support departments at our Lansdowne, Ashburn and Leesburg campuses. Volunteers assist team members, patients, visitors and families. Adult volunteers commit to one consistent volunteer shift per week for a minimum period of six months.
- Assisting with answering phones, helping to make copies, file, and assist with data entry and clerical support
- Interacting with visitors, patients and guests; helping with directions; answering questions, providing information and helping in our gift shop
- Helping in our clinical areas with stocking patient rooms with supplies, assisting with directions, speaking with patients, families, and visitors, and making kits for team members
Current service needs and availability are updated monthly in the interactive volunteer opportunities box below. Select the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) to see assignments with openings at each of the hospital sites. By clicking the duties and times needed labels, you can view more details about the service area and the times we currently have openings.
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Commit to one, 3-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Complete and pass a background check
- Complete two rounds of tuberculosis screening OR one tuberculosis blood test
- Provide confirmation of receiving the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella (Chickenpox), Tdap for Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccines OR proof of immunity via titer
- Receive a flu vaccine (if onboarding during flu season)
- Attend an orientation session
- Complete online training